Spotlight On Dan Wells : I Am Not A Serial Killer/ Mr.Monster









 
One of my Good Reads friends Book Chick City gave I'm Not a Serial Killer rave reviews and I new I had to pick it up! I love everything about this series! I especially love The US release covers. The narrator of these books is John Cleaver. John is a sociopath. He knows it. His Therapist Knows it and so does his mother, to the extent she's willing to except it. The cover to I'm Not A serial Killer really reflects the feeling of the book and John's dedication to his RULES.
 
Last week the wonderful folks at Tor/Forge sent me an ARC of Mr. Monster! I was so excited ,especially since I was in several book stores last month looking for it :) Again the cover of this book reflects the nature of this volume. John has released one Monster to fight another and he will never be the same.
Join me in a few weeks for a Review and giveaway of Mr. Monster for now here is my review of I'm not a Serial Killer:
 
 
 
 
I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I heard about this book from the awesome blogger Book Chick City. She is my go to girl for Horror:)




"John Wayne Cleaver is dangerous, and he knows it. He's spent his life doing his best not to live up to his potential...Now for the first time John has to confront a danger outside himself, a threat he can't control, a menace to everything and everyone he would love , if only he could" Cover Blurb.

John is an interesting character. His narrations can chill you to the bone and break your heart. He is hyper alert. Every move he makes ,ever word he speakes is meant to convey a sense of normalcy. John is aware of his emotional disconnect and has designed several actions and routines to keep his personal Demon asleep. Mr Monster. When I started this novel I thought it would solely deal with John's physcial struggles in the natural world. The author adds an interesting element by adding a true Demon to the mix of the novel. Despite this the book remains a tense Horror thriller instead of turning into a work of supernatural fiction. We follow John thru the toughest decision of his young life: To release one monster to stop another.

It is terrifying to watch John tear these walls down one by one. It assists him in creating a plan to stop the Demon, but at a great cost. John begins to obsrve and stalk victims unrelated to his quest, The world becomes fresh, new and exciting to him but not thru his eyes but those of Mr. Monster.

The book builds to a satisfying climax but leaves John forever changed. This book has a small page count:267 but there is so much subtlety, dark humor and terror contained within! I really look forward to the sequels,I highly reccommend this book!








View all my reviews
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts