Thursday, October 14, 2010

FOLLOW FRIDAY 4 & Book Blogger Hop

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
Hi everyone welcome to another Follow Friday! I'm celebrating :




 
 
So check out my posts and contests! Look forward to finding and following new blogs :)
 
 
Crazy For Books had this question this week :
 
"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"
 
I recently developed a 100 page policy. If the book doesn't engage me I let it go, I have tons of books to read and I don't want to waste time!

 
 
 
Parajunkee had this question:
 
What is your reading suggestion this week?

I'd have to say The familiars, there is an interview and contest up on my blog right now, It's a fun book about three familiars who go to rescue their magician partners, great for a Halloween read all ages
 
 

9 comments:

Mano said...

Hi,

You've got an incredibly great weblog. To grow to be a prosperous person the simple issue is to have positive thinking.

bookdout said...

Just hopping by, It's not a bad policy I think, 100 pages seems fair

Nightly Cafe said...

I should probably adopt that policy as well. Would save me a bunch of time :).

Evanne said...

Sometimes I give a book a hundred pages, but not always--depends on how bored/irritated I am. :D

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Just hoppin’ on by <3

I usually stick books out, even if it annoys me like crazy. I like giving fair chances to books, and I feel incomplete if I don’t finish it. I’ve even stuck it through an entire series I absolutely hated. Maybe it’s just me being weird.

Thanks for the Familiars recommend! I've wanted to read this for agessss. <3

Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer.

Crystal said...

Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!"
I will stick with it and finish a book even if I don't like it. Thankfully this hasn't happened much!
Happy reading this weekend!
http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/
New follower too!

Emma Michaels said...

Happy Follow Friday!!! Hope you will stop by my blog too! My publisher and I are looking for a group of bloggers for a huge blog tour next year before the release of book two in my 'A Sense of Truth' series! We will be giving out a few more copies of The Thirteenth Chime (we can only give out so many, being open to e-books gives an upper hand) and are still open to all interviews and guest posts. We want to fill up the Amazon page with reviews and try to reach as many people as we can!!! Hope you might consider being a part of the team! Thank you either way!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

lucybirdbooks said...

Hia! My policy is 100 pages too, I think it gives enough chance for the story to start and to know if I'm interested or not.

Heather said...

I need to read The Familiars XD

I have the 100 page deal too :)

Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!