12 Days Day 11: Festival Of The Three Kings




 
 
Welcome To Day 11 of 12 Days. The 11th Day of Christmas was traditionally celebrated on January 5th.There are many traditions and thoughts about the Three Wise men some even think their might not have even been three, we are lead to that assumption by the gifts. Today it is a great way to honor the seeker in all of us that searches  for something greater than ourselves.
 
 
Today being Saturday it's time for one of my favorite weekly memo's:
 
 




  Carolyn of Book Chick City was one of the first bloggers I followed. We have similar reading styles and I pretty much add anything she recommends to my wish list. I also love learning about her life in the U.K., I've wanted to go to England for such a long time! It's so nice to connect with bloggers from other countries.  I'm so thrilled to have an interview with her and learn about Holiday celebrations  "across the pond" 

Do you like to read Holiday Themed Books? If so are there any books you re-read every year?

I do like holiday themed books, although I haven't really read that many and the one's I have read I probably wouldn't re-read again.

What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?
Oh wow, there are so many! I love to buy a real tree and decorate it while listening to Christmas music. I actually make a day of it and after decorating the tree, I then sit down and wrap all the presents. It's a really Christmas filled day and I do it every year. I love Christmas Day lunch! Who wouldn't with yummy crispy roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and Christmas pud with lashings of double cream - Yum!


I know you live books:) What other type of presents do you like to receive?

I do love getting books or book vouchers for pressies but I honestly don't mind what I get for Christmas. I always hope it's something I can use and will like as I hate the thought that someone has spent money on something that will go straight to the charity shop. I think that's why I love book vouchers so much as then I know I will put that money to good use and the giver of the gift knows that I've loved what they've bought me :) Other than that it's always safe to go with what we call 'smellies' here in England (bubble bath, scented soaps etc) or another safe bet for me is chocolates! :D


  Now for my wishlist books for this week. Hope Santa's listening!


This Series by Mari Mancusi looks great I've been meaning to give them a try.








 
 I've been reading a lot of Historical Holiday romances and it's put me in the mood for more, I'm really looking forward to the Showtime series about the Borgia's


 
 




 
Star Wars and Zombies? Yes Please!
 


                           

   The latest in Kim Harrison's Series and a book she highly recommends



                                                                      



 
 
 
Epic Fantasy
 


                                        
            Now Let's see what Book Chick City is wishing for HERE



 

Comments

Brenda said…
Looks like some great books! I haven't read anything by Julie Garwood in quite some time, and I need to pick up that new Card one too.
Unknown said…
Thanks for having me over Kai! All the books on your list sound good, I have a few of them already on my wishlist but not Mercy Blade, looks good! :)
vvb32 reads said…
star wars and zombies! must check it.
Oh I really enjoyed the first Faith Hunter book in that series. I need to get the rest.

Great picks!!
The Mari Mancusi covers are awesome. I'd love to check out Boria Bride, since I am now preparing for The Borgias new show on Showtime ( I absolutely love period movies/shows) wishlist @ Book Purring
pussreboots said…
I'm posting my wishes late today because I'm under the weather.

Popular Posts