REVIEW: BLOOD BOUND by Rachel Vincent



 



Rachel is an author that is on my  automatic buy list. Since I read her first book, Stray ,to the most recent Soul Screamers book I've had nothing but pure enjoyment reading her books. The kind of enjoyment that includes lots of shouting, mostly OMG !! and WHAT?!! and a few dropped (well maybe thrown) books, not so much now that I have a e-reader :)

Rachel consistently imbues the YA, and Urban Paranormal world with new energy, ideas, romance, and well blood!

Blood is the center of this new series. Imagine a world where your oath, combined with your blood could bind you to a person. Not only bind you but kill you if you failed to obey their requests. This is the world  Olivia Warren lives in. Olivia is a tracker. Give her a sample of blood  and she can track a person. Olivia lives a life on a tightrope. She tries to live independently in the shadow of two kingpins: Jake Power and Ruben Cavazos. Though rumors persist that Ruben "owns" her.  She fights for her independence and to escape from painful memories of the past but all that changes with a call from her former childhood friend Anne and the unexpected appearence of  her ex Cam.

A bond, formed between Olivia and 3 friends in their childhood has held the four together . In the most uncomfortable of ways. They cannot resist the call for help if on of the other asks. An unexpected side effect that was put to rest with another bind. But now that bind has been destroyed and Olivia must help her friend find her kidnapped daughter or die trying. To make matters worse Anne demands she work with Cam. Now old angers and herarache are brought to the surface of their hearts.

I loved everything about this book! The joy of reading  Rachel's books  since the beginning of her career has been watching her writing just get better and better. I'm loathe to compare her with any other writer or her books with any specific genre. I even hate to compare it to her other books because we clearly see a different side of her writing style and imagination in Blood Bound. There are some hallmarks of a Vincent book here though:

Kick ass female character, strong yet vulnerable
A hot guy, equally strong, complex and damn sexy!
Action scenes that slow your breath and keep the pages turning
Killer Ending! Leaving you COUNTING the days to the next book

A wonderful read and now the waiting game begins! at least I have If I Die to look forward to :)

 
 
 
 

Comments

Nikita said…
I´ve read this book a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! I can´t wait to read another one in this series. I even purchased a copy of this book for myself - so good it was. :) Awesome review! :)

Nikita @ Leafy Books
bookworm.nikita at gmail dot com
Latest on my blog: ARC of Seers by Heather Frost Giveaway
samantha.1020 said…
I just finished this book and couldn't get enough of it myself. I loved the world that Vincent has created and can't wait to read more! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this book as much as I did. Great review!

Popular Posts