Trade Watch: I Vampire by Fialkov & Sorrentino



Trade Watch is a spotlight on individual comics, that Graphic Novel fans might want to pick up once collected.

In general my reading in the Vampire Fiction genre has dropped significantly. I guess I'm a little burnt out.

I was really intrigued by DC comics new title I Vampire so I picked up issue one.

Love is at the center of this tale. Love between Vampires Andrew and Mary. In a series of flashbacks and current time action we learn about the couples relationship. From lovers to enemies for Andrew has decided to be a hunter of his own kind. Mary however wants more. Viewing the human race as nothing more than cattle she is focused on her desire to conquer all, she even believes she has a chance against the Superhero community!

I really enjoyed this issue. The art is full of darkness, shadows and beauty. The book comes across timeless when it needs to and very modern when necessary. I'm really excited to see where the story goes.



Comments

Popular Posts