Review: The Gathering Anthology Issue 6




                                                                     




STATS:

PUBLISHER:

GRAYHAVEN

PRICE:

$3.00

The anthology format has always appealed to me. In the world of books I often discover new authors from collected fiction. In the Gathering books not only is the reader introduced to new and established talents, they also get to see stories grouped around a particular theme.

For issue six the theme is Horror, my favorite Genre!

This entire issue is solid from start to finish, but here are  some of my favorites :

Inflated Evil

Gary Hogan & Blake Sims

I love when horror can make you laugh! This short brutal little tale will make you think twice the next time a balloon comes your way



The Mistress

Sterling Gates & Cassandra James

The art on this story just blew me away! Look below for a sample. I've been a fan of Gates comic writing for awhile now , so I was looking forward to seeing a different type of story from him .  The Mistress is  the story of a neglected wife and her new lover. Not satisfied with living a luxurious life and a handsome lover, she decides to kill her husband. Nice twist ending :)


The Mistress by Gates & James





 
 
 

Jack Unblinking 
Travis M. Holyfield & Chris Page
From the first panel you will know who Jack is. That doesn't detract from the creepiness of this story. Jack lives in darkness , coiled and waiting, hoping for a glimpse of light and possibly salvation.
Really enjoyed this issue and I'm really impressed at what Grey Haven has produced and what' coming up from them in the future. 




 
 

Comments

Popular Posts