The Sunday Salon: Mind Blowing Week!






Yesterday I saw this movie:
 


!!!! MIND BLOWN ! I found myself turning over the various plot twists and implications from the ending hours after watching it.  It's such a joy watching Joseph Gordon - Levitt's career develop . He is growing so much as an actor and Looper will definitely be a hallmark of his acting career.

I highly recommend this movie it incorporates a lot of Science Fiction and mystery elements and Bruce Willis in in it, what more do you need?


JOE HILL posted this picture on his twitter this week! Yes that's Daniel Radcliffe, yes that's horns growing out of his head and yes once again:

 MIND BLOWN!





Daniel is playing the lead character from Joe's book Horns. This casting made me very happy.  Horns is an amazing book. Horns tore me down in many ways. It stayed with me for weeks. It made me contemplate life, death , fate and the beauty that can flower in the darkest of circumstances, if you haven't read it I highly recommend it. What is mind blowing about Horns is that the "villain" of the story is revealed very early in the book yet it still is a roller coaster ride for your emotions.

I'm so excited that Daniel was cast in this role he really has the emotional depth to bring this character to life.

READING

As FrightFall Readathon comes to an end I find my self having read over 12 books this week and bumped my reading total up to 204 books! which is great because my goal was to read 250 books this year. I realllly have to kick but this month in reading because next month I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month! Happy Sunday hope your week was mind blowing :)


 
 

Comments

Okay, yes to Looper! Yes to Daniel Radcliffe in Horns! And Wow to 12 books read!
Vasilly said…
12 books in one week? Kai, you are so amazing!
Looper was amazing, wasn't it? I loved it! My mom and I were just saying that we'd like to see it again. I love JGL. He reminds me of Heath Ledger with his mannerisms and if you look closely, he actually kind of looks like him.

Daniel Radcliffe in Horns! How awesome is that!? I need to read that book.

As usual, Kai, you never fail to amaze me with your read-a-thon reading totals. Awesome job!
Kristi said…
We saw Looper this weekend also - Loved it! (and, except for his 'lack of control' I wanted to scoop up that little boy and bring him home!)

Thanks for the info on Horns! Loved the book and didn't know it was being made into a movie!

Popular Posts