Craft Week: Day 1: Frame It!

 

 

I came across this wonderful pair of bloggers: 2 Broke Geeks. They have a lot of fun suggestions for geeking your life on a budget! One of the things they inspired me to do was to start showcasing my posters I get from various conventions and book events.

 

First step is getting the frames. Omar and Mia had some great suggestions:

Yard Sales

Find a picture for a few bucks remove the framed picture and replace it with your posters or other con swag. I haven't gotten any larger frames yet but I’ve started making some smaller framed pieces with some frames from the dollar store.

 

SDCC Memories

 

This is my first one:

 

7397f7b0323011e3a11622000ae9129f_8

These are signed min-posters from San Diego Comic-Con and WonderCon.

 

 

Monthly Snap Shot

 

I’ve been in a sorting mood and so I’ve been clearing out a lot of clutter. I found I had some amazing bookmarks and decided to display some horror themed bookmarks and some Star wars ones to celebrate Star Wars Reads on October 5th. Here is the assembly portion:

 

 

1

 

 

 

I’m looking forward to doing different frames every month .

Tip

It is a good idea to get medium priced frames. I paid a dollar for these frames and so I had some issues with putting the pieces together and finally had to tape them to the back of the board.

 

 

Hope you guys give framing a try. I’d love to see your results :)

Comments

Popular Posts