Review: The Calling Cthulhu Chronicles by Nelson & Stokes

 

 

 

10080265

PUBLISHER:

Boom Studios

Source:

Purchased

I’m in the midst of dipping into the Cthulhu mythos, so when I saw this series as part of the $.99 cent sale on Comixology  I picked it up. This series revolves around four characters brought together because of a mysterious shipboard accident. A cruise ship is discovered adrift and the entire crew and guests are found dead. Even stranger the investigators find five additional bodies that weren't on the ships manifest.

An ad team,  a pharmaceutical rep, and a fashion designer follow the clues to stop a group of cultists from bringing apart the end of the world. This story kept my interest but want really scary. There were some hints of horror and I  liked how the characters came together but it felt more like a mystery story than horror, which was fine.

Solid art and story for the price I paid. I love digital sales because I’m more likely to take risks and discover new creators :)

Comments

Popular Posts