14 Days: Bookish Love : Dash & Lily’s Book Of Dares by Cohn & Levithan

 

 

 

 

7741325

PUBLISHER:

Random House

Source:

Purchased

 

Dash & Lily’s story enfolds the magic of the holidays, bookish inspiration, and the wonderful scary madness of finding what your heart has been seeking.The pair connect through a red moleskin journal that Lily has left in a bookstore. For Dash the book offers a distraction from the Holiday season which he hates. For the cookie baking, carol singing, Christmas loving Lily, the first contact from her journal brings exhilaration and the hope for an escape form her loneliness.

 

With imagination, and an assortment of helpful friends and relatives, Lily is able to lead Dash through Dares while learning more about him. As the days move closer to their face to face meet a few poor choices by both of them may bring their budding friendship/romance to a halt.

I really enjoyed the “voices” of these two characters. They are so different but also the same at their core. I loved all the book references and have already decided that this will be a yearly reread for me.

Cohn & Levithan do a tremendous job with their characters, the alternating chapters are very cohesive despite the different POV. Dash had my heart instantly. Lily took a little bit more to be engaged with and yet by the middle of the book I cared deeply for them both and wishing for them to surmount the obstacles before them. A wonderful read!

Comments

Unknown said…
I have had my eye on this book. I had heard it was good, but I didn't know anything about it. Thanks for the review!

Popular Posts