Review: Half My Facebook Friends are Ferrets

 

 

 

Fiction State of Mind-04-01

 

20418379

Goodreads Link

In May I participated in Armchair BEA and won a prize pack. I chose a 4 pack of Arc’s from Switch Press and this book by J. A.  Buckle. I really loved this book. I always enjoy reading YA books from a male perspective and Josh was a great character to follow. The entire novel is told in journal format which can be tricky for an author, but Buckle does a great job with the format.

It’s six months before Josh’s 17th birthday and he has some goals.He wants a guitar to help him in his future job: Death Metal Superstar. He would love some more cash and of course a girlfriend. A little popularity wouldn't be a  bad thing either since Half his social media  friends are ferrets, or humans pretending to be ferrets.

Josh moves through the months with a lot of disappointments and a few bright spots. What Josh doesn't expect is a family secret coming to light that will shake the foundations of his family and possibly open the door to a new one.

 

This is a perfect book for teens and adults who love a good teen read. A quick read with lasting impact. I will definitely be on the lookout for more books from this author.

 

 

This is my 47th book for Coyer Summer Vacation

CoyerSummerVacation-e1400347761773

Comments

Popular Posts