Library Card Signup Month Spotlight: Comic Plus Library Edition





Library-Card-Month

The Geeky Blogger is hosting a month long spotlight on The Library because of September being National Library Card Signup Month. When I discovered Comicsplus on my local libraries website I knew I wanted to share some information about it!

First off I am part of the Los Angeles Public Library System so I’m not sure if the Comic’s plus system is available at all branches across the United States.
web_library_logo

Comicsplus doesn't require any software to be downloaded to your computer or tablet. Readers just type in their library card information and then create a profile with an email and password. Once that is complete you get access to the dashboard and the different comic companies involved which include: Viz, Boom Studios, Dynamite Comics, Valiant Comics and many more. Though I was disappointed to not  see Marvel or DC comics I was excited to see that there were brand new releases on the site like these two books which just came out this week:

death-defying-doctor-mirage-1-cover Lumberjanes5


I also got these great books:
4009436-01a  woods_v1_cover

The books are all available on my dashboard and accessible on your computer and tablet. I did get a warning from my tablet that they couldn't verify the website but I was still able to open the dashboard with out any problems. I’m so excited to have this additional source for my comic book reading! I also like that the books are available for a week and then are automatically removed from my dashboard after that.


I hope you check out the site if you are local or check and see if your library offers the same service!
Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts