HallowReads Guest Post: Top Ten Not So Scary Family Movies







halloween-Kai 3

Today I’m taking a break from reading posts to introduce you guys to Michelle of Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life 

I discovered Michelle’s blog through the Coyer (Clean Out Your E-Reader) Facebook group. Binge watching spooky  themed Movies and Television is a huge part of my Halloween and Michelle has a great line up of family friendly movies you can watch this month. P.S. a few of these movies are also novels!



BloggerButton

Hi, I’m Michelle from the blog Because reading is better than real life and I would like to Thank Fiction State of Mind for letting me be a part of her Halloween Event.
I thought it would be fun to share My Top Ten Not So Scary Family Movies. These movies we try and watch every October as a family and sometimes I like to just watch them with My daughter or myself :)
My daughter is fearless so she watches most of these with no problem whoever I will tell you in the description if they have scary parts or not.

Ok So here is My Top Ten Not So Scary Family Movies

thCAKWWCUM  thCAQOQOW4


  10. Alvin & The Chipmunk Meet the Wolfman (2000)
Who doesn’t love those singing chipmunks and put them with the wolfman, All the chipmunks boys and girls are putting on a spooky play but can they do it when one of their own might be a Wolfman? This straight to video animated movie is super cute for the whole family.

9. Wallace & Gromit The Curse of the Were Rabbit (2005)
Bunnies can’t be scary…Well These bunnies can. Wallace and his loyal dog Gromit trying to keep the bunnies away from the annual giant vegetable growing contest but when the night comes a Were Rabbit appears and is destroying everything. Can Gromit and maybe Wallace find out what’s happening. This is a really cute movies and again nothing that will scare little ones this is fun for the whole family.

8. ParaNorman (2012)

thCACSP5NX
Norman can see dead people and everyone else thinks he’s weird but of course when the town needs to be saved its up to Norman and a few friends to save the town. I enjoyed this move a lot my son was a little scared and that's because it does have a couple of scary parts especially the zombies. Overall a cute family movie just make sure the kids don’t get scared too easily.

7. The Worst Witch (1986)

thCAC7IMHP
The Worst Witch also has the worst dialog and the worst special effects but it is a great movie. Mildred is played by Fairuza Balk before she got all crafty on us and Tim Curry who is my favorite character actor. I’m not sure if you can even find this movie anymore but it’s so bad it’s worth trying to find. Super great cheesy movie for the whole family.

6. Beetlejuice (1998)
Have a ghost problem? Poltergeist in your closet, no problem just say his name three times, he is your friendly bio exorcist and will help get rid of the problem. However he really can’t be trusted. I can’t say enough how much I love this more, I can watch it a million times and I am pretty sure I have if not more. This does have a few scary parts that might freak out kids who scare easily.
5. Corpse Bride (2005)

11173690_det
This one is different and could be a bit scary for really little kids. I love Johnny Depp as Victor and Helena Bonham Carter is the Bride, they are so wonderful together, regardless how creepy it might see this is a great movie. I just recently started watching this one on Halloween and I adore the sound track as well. I do believe this is a great movie for the family. :) 

4. Coraline (2009)
My daughter loves this movie, she’s 6. It is a little creepy but it is a beautiful stop motion movie and I love little Coraline. Terry Hatcher is wonderful as the mom and Other Mother. Might frighten little ones but the bigger kids will love it.

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
If you haven’t seen this movie get out from under the rock and go rent it, buy it or whatever you have to do to get your hands on it. Jack and Sally, Zero and Oggie Boogie is the most amazing group of characters and this movie is fantastic. Yes I can sing all the songs and yes I have the soundtrack and yes, I do listen to it often. Who wouldn’t, you are the Pumpkin King Jack just leave Christmas to the professionals :)

2. Hocus Pocus (1993)
Amok, Amok, Amok! What do you get when you take Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy and throw them into a movie? You get one of the greatest Halloween movies ever and one that is loved by people of all ages. This is the movie that my daughter and I must watch doing October in the town so they can live forever. Not really scary but super cute and so much fun if you honestly haven’t seen this movie you need to go out and get it…NOW!!!

1. The Burbs (1989)
thCASI68MQ
I am not 100% sure this is really good for little kids but if you have teens this is hilarious and such a great underrated movie. Tom Hanks and Carrie Fischer are some of the stars in this movie, they have new neighbors that might not be what they seem and Ray Peterson and his 2 other neighbors take it upon themselves to find out what is going one. This is so fun and has a great cast of celebrities. This movies has a few scenes that might not be appropriate for little kids, the movie is rated PG. My Husband and I usually enjoy this movie alone. Just want to Thank Kai again for having me on her blog today! I hope you enjoyed my list. What are some Halloween movies you like to enjoy with your family?

Loved that! Thanks so much to Michelle. Be sure to check out her blog Here

Comments

Amber Elise said…
I LOVED the Worst Witch as a child, I don't know if I can revisit it now though! Haha. Great list, Hocus Pocus is a Halloween MUST.
Anonymous said…
Great list, Michelle! I love The Burbs, but I do have a soft spot for horror-comedy. :)

Popular Posts