Reading In Seasons Reviews: Strega Nona’s Harvest & Applesauce Season

 

 

 

 

halloween-Kai 2

 

I love roaming the Library during the change of seasons. I always find some wonderful reads:

 

Applesauce Season

 

6652107

Eden Ross Lipson & Mordicai Gerstein

This is a sweet little story full of gorgeous illustrations and education! The Author Eden Ross Lipson  shares the joys and family bonding during applesauce season. From his trips to the farmers market with his Grandmother to the description of various varieties of apples to an actual recipe for homemade applesauce. I loved the art and was inspired to visit my own farmers market to try my hand at making my own applesauce. This is a sweet little book I will remember fondly.

 

 

 

6599488

Tomie de Paola

I reviewed Strega Nona’s Christmas book during my 12 Days event so I was so happy to see this book at my library. This story shows Strega Nona’s Harvest preparations after a summer sent growing a bounty of fruit and vegetables. Nona’s helper Big Anthony however has secretly created a garden of his own and has an abundance of crops he doesn't know what to do with. so every night Big Anthony leave his bounty on the steps if Nona’s little cottage creating a shortage of space in Nona’s little cottage.

The art in this volume is wonderful. The bright colors and simple lines make the story a joy to read.

 

2886817

So I’ve been very good at NOT buying books, but this oversized book called out to me and it has a wealth of information about eating in season and even making crafts and herbal remedies.

 

So these are the books that have been putting me in a fall frame of mind :)

Comments

Popular Posts