Review: Hygge by MeiWiking

Hygge (hue-guh). is a Danish and Scandinavian practice of bringing comfort to the home, work and interpersonal relationships.
The foundation of the practice is being in the moment, being emotionally present. This is accomplished by sitting in a good chair, being aware of the effect of good lighting and good food.
This book explains  how to bring these practices into your life no matter what your budget is.
I started the practice with candles. Not an easy feat in this summer heat ! I have had a nice summery candle in my closet for over a year (guava strawberry), and the moment I lit it I felt more relaxed. Though strict practicers of Hygge would only use unscented candles, the point of the practice is to make it your own. 
I'm excite to incorporate these practices  in my daily life.

Comments

Cass said…
I want to acquire this book at some point. I'm curious to know more about the Hygge practice, and how it can improve my life. It sounds like it'll help a lot with clarity. :)

Cass @ Words on Paper

Popular Posts