Today's Star Wars 64: Star Wars Celebration Wrap Up: 2 Book Adventures


Booth Photo courtesy of Del Rey Star Wars Twitter



My first indication that everything book related at Celebration Chicago was going to be a success, was the fact that I couldn't get a good picture of the book during the whole convention. Thanks to the social media team at Del Rey I do have the above picture to share.

My first goal Thursday at the convention  was to get a wristband for the special edition of Claudia Gray's Master & Apprentice:


Tickets for these books went fast! I was very fortunate to get a copy, the booth also sold out of the regular editions twice! Demand for books and author signings was high and the Del Rey staff handled it spectacularly. No matter how busy the booth was the staff was always friendly and informed on events.

Use The #BookJedi Readers!

I was really intrigued  by the new feature that debuted  at Celebration: Book Jedi. The quiz was presented on several digital devices, and readers answered various questions to help pick their reading paths:




After the quiz you were given a sampler book and a bookmark that matches the result of your quiz:
My results defined me as a Rebel Reader, and the bookmarks had a list of suggested books on the back, all ones I've read and enjoyed.


Panels, Announcements, & Signings

The author lineup at Celebration Chicago was a combination of fan favorite,and rising stars like Justina Ireland and Zoraida Cordova. As far as new info panel attendees got a little tease of an untitled book by Justina that involves "stormtroopers and the falcon", more Vader's Castle comics from Cavan Scott and IDW publishing and the mysterious Project Luminous. All the panels were full of book lovers and the very first panel on Friday was at capacity! 

Image



Image




Image



Though I had schedule conflicts for most of the signings I did score a ticket to one of the best ones of the event! A ten author signing for A Certain Point of View anthology. Ten fantastic authors interacted with fans at this event: John Jackson Miller,  Claudia Gray,  Zoraida Cordova, Delilah S. Dawson, Daniel Jose Older, Cavan Scott,  Jason Fry, Alexander Freed, Charles Soule, E. K. Johnston

Image



This signing was one of the best things about my celebration trip! I also got a chance to listen to a sample from this audio experience:


The part I listened to contained dialogue from Ventress and Dooku and it sounds incredible!!

I'm Definitely buying this one! I also enjoyed connecting with other book fans, the Force is strong with Star Wars books and readers and there is so much to look forward to this year and in 2020.


Comments

Popular Posts