Queen Victoria Demon Hunter

Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter by A.E. Moorat



My rating: 3 of 5 stars





"London,1838 Queen Victoria is crowned; She receives the orb, the scepter, and an arsenal of bloodstained weaponry"





I love zombies. I also love British History and historical fiction, so I was SUPER excited to see these two loves together. The opening scenes of this novel son't dissapoint.On the eve of her coronation Victoria learns a secret that has been kept form her and most of Englands citizens: Demons! They are plotting against her throne and the human race in general. The zombies that are introduced come from a suprising source. Still reeling with the new threat to her kingdom Victoria also has to contend with matters of the heart as she is reintroduced to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg. THe action scenes in this book are thrilling. Zombie violence, Demon attacks, werewolves! I found these scenes so thrilling I didn't want them to end. I also enjoyed the scenes with Victoria and Albert. A.E. Moorat's writing syle lends it self well to both Horror and Historical Fiction. I would have liked a little more Horror but enjoyed the book anyway. This book is definetly for some one who enjoys period pieces as well as Horror. Neither of the genres overpower but blend well. I was left with a definite interest in Queen Victoria's life and will definetely search out a biography about her in the future.



View all my reviews >>

Comments

Wow - yet another historical figure hunting a paranormal creature. To think this is all just coming to light now... ;)

Popular Posts