Series Interrupted

I've had a lot of time on my hands :) With spring approaching I've done a major cleaning and organizing of my books. I still havent bought any books this month 20 days (and counting!!) so I began organizing my books and seperating read from unread . I donated tons of books. My Tbr pile is now at an all time low of 140 books!

While cleaning I came across the following books :

A Day For Damnation and A Season for slaughter. This are vols two and four in an amazing fantasy series I started reading in 1983 by David Gerrold. Here is the list of books.



A Matter For Men  Volume one of  The War Against The Chtorr- 1983
A Day For Damnation  Vol 2- 1985
A Rage For Revenge  Vol 3-1989
A Season For Slaughter volume 4- 1993

Season For Slaughter the fourth book in the series ends, with an amazing action scene and a
 MAJOR CLIFFHANGER.

The back of the book has an interview with David Gerrold. One of the questions the interviewer ask is why the books took so long to publish his answer?  "Because they take a hell of a long time to write " :) I love this man.

They then talk about the fourth book in the series A Method For Madness. The interviewer asks :

 "Will we have to wait another three years for A Method for Madness?" 
Gerrold answers : "Oh God i hope not"

It is now 2010, 18 years later and still no A Method For Madness. So I start to search. Both Paperback Swap and GoodReads only show the first four volumes in the series.

I then go to David Gerrold's  website. Under a flashing banner that says "War Against The Chtorr" (pronounced ktor) is the following:

"Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day you know." Again. I love this man!!

Finally i searched wikipedia and  now there is hope in my heart

A Method For Madness is due to be turned into Tor Books October 2010 for a July 2011 release date!!!

Also the remaining two volumes of the series :

A Time For Treason  and A case For Courage are finished!!!!

This has been a 20+ year experience for me and I can't wait to see the out come of the final three books. I know some readers have had complaints about authors misssing deadlines and completeing books on time but I feel none of these things towards David. I'm excited to finish this cycle. To see if the intervening years have changed his writing style. To once again step inside the marvelous and scary world he has created in The War Against The Chtorr Series. I recently reordered the first and third  volumes of the series. I'm anxious to have the four of them side by side. I'm looking forward to re-reading them while i wait for the rest of their family to join them. :)

How about you guys, any series, or individual   book you've been waiting on?

Comments

Popular Posts