AUTHOR APPRECIATION WEEK 2: SCOTT WESTERFELD: Read-A-Long




Congrats to Scott and Leviathan:

Best Young Adult Book:


•Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld (Simon Pulse; Simon & Schuster UK)!!!
 
 
As I mentioned Monday I did a  Read-A-Long of  Leviathan with a fellow blogger Aths. We discovered each other during a Twitter Blogger Event. When I heard she was going to Read Leviathan next I asked if I could join her. Aths lives in VA so there was a 3 hour time difference, Here is what she had to say about the experience:
 
 
 
Did You enjoy our Readalong ?: Definitely! I was worried initially that one/both of us may struggle to keep up. I worried for nothing. It was a lot of fun, reading with you at more or less the same speed. And Tweeting was so much like giving a shout-out to someone sitting right next to you. Especially when you want to do the "ohmigosh!" "HE didn't do that!", "will they meet?" and sundry other emotions.
 
Was the time difference hard on you?
 
Not really! I'm all game to do nocturnal hours just to have that community feeling when reading, even if it's virtual. But I liked that we were both sensitive to the other's schedule, so it was never a problem :)
 
Would you do it again?
Definitely! I'm all for a tweet-and-readalong! I would also strongly recommend the readers of this blog to do a tweet-and-read-along when you get a chance. You'll love it!
 
What suggestions would you have for the next one?
 
I doubt there is anything I would suggest, but some suggestions I would offer to anyone interested:
Make sure your time schedules match, you don't have to be in the same time zone, you just have to be willing to spend the same block of time reading. It's a whole different experience and definitely exciting.
 
If you would like to see some examples of the Read along go to http://www.twitter.com/
and look up the hashtag we created: #Leviathan my twit Id is @YogiKai  and Aths is @rainydayreading
 
You can also visit Aths site for her review of Leviathan and my interview next week at :
 
http://www.booksonarainyday.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

vvb32 reads said…
wow, that's cool. hadn't heard of a read-along before. did you both finish the book together or just spent an agreed amount of time to do the read-along? i'll go check out the link you posted.

Popular Posts