Fall Catch-Up Read-a-thon Mini Challenge1

 
 
 
 
So I'm up for my first challenge! Ive finished two books so far
 
manga: Kurosagi corpse delivery service vol 11
 
Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane
 
 
Our Mini challenge involves banned book week:
 
 
 
 
We were asked to visit the site and pick a book we read and explain why, and if we picked the book because of it's banned/challenged status. Here is my pick:
 
 
 

I had read this book several years ago and was surprised to see it on the list. This is a beautiful story about a young girl coming of age. Vivian is part of a very close knit and often controlling band of werewolves. Following the death of her Alpha father Vivian is a very important member of the pack. Her mother broken with grief it will be Vivian who becomes the mate of the new leader. It s dark enigmatic Gabriel who has his eye on Vivian and the Alpha role. Vivian wants freedom and more importantly the choice of whom she can love. She starts a relationship with a human boy Aiden and this choice will change her life ant that of the packs. I didn't know this book was challenged when I bought it. I purchased it because of the author Anette Curtis Klause whose book The Silver kiss I enjoyed. I highly recommend this book and am surprised it's challenged. :)


Comments

Thanks for sharing, Kai. I actually started reading this book after seeing the movie, but put it down for some reason. I have it in my home library. I need to pick it up again and finish it. Adding another banned book recommendation to my TBR list for next year...LOL!

Popular Posts