Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: The Twinning Murders





 

The Twinning Murders is a murder mystery set around Emily Ryder a tour guide on the cusp of another tour from her CT home to the sister village in Dartmoor. Emily becomes drawn into a series of events that leads to a severe injuring of a friend and a murder.There is a shady developer looking to buy out Emily's family B&B and the surrounding developments.

I really enjoy mystery novels and though this book started interesting enough, I wasn't fully connecting with it.

 All the elements of a good  mystery are here : a mysterious death, several suspects, and a curious sleuth. The problem is that I couldn't really connect with the characters. Some of  the characters were one note. I didn't care about their motivations or feel strongly about their possible demise. The pace was a little slow but Shelly really captured the feel of a small interconnected town. The characters each have individual quirks and motivations but I couldn't become emotionally involved enough with them to 100% enjoy the the book.

There were a lot of great descriptive scenes and  I enjoyed the revelation of the murder and the ending of the book, it was climactic and I really felt Emily was in danger. I did struggle with the events leading up to it. Thanks to U.K. and Beyond Book Tours


 
 





 
 
 

1 comment:

hello said...

miu miu matelasse bag and other apparel, accessories and trends. Browse and shop 9 related looks mzbnonhq . Shop for miu miu swallow shoes . Find the best deals on miu miu shoes, miu miu
swallow, miu miu, jeffrey campbell and more on iOffer.com.The miu miu satin platform pumps would be so much fun to wear out to dinner tonight! They have such an interesting construction but nothing It's important to pay
attention to the trimming inside the miu miu purse sale Every time I lay my eyes on the miu miu jeweled ballet flats , which have now become the house staple