BBAW: DAY 5: Blogging Essentials








How fast has this week gone! Here are my thoughts on todays last topic:


 
 
 
The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.
 

 

Great topic! Here are my 3 essentials:
1)A separate e-mail for your blog: Things have been so much more streamlined since I've done this. It was really hard to sort through review requests and personal e-mails. I really recommend G-mail.
2) A professional Blog Makeover. When PARAJUNKEE updated my blog my traffic really increased and I had a lot more unsolicited review opportunities come my way.I also have  lot of fun changing the banners for different holidays.
3) Weekly memos: Whether you start your own or join in with a popular one Memos are a great way to create blog community and get blog exposure.
New Trends:
1) Linky's and Google docs. The great thing about linkys is the ability to run events from your blog and google docs are great for contests.
That's all I've got!
Thanks to all the new followers and comments! I hope to get to you all this weekend :)

 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Book Crook Liza said…
Wonderful tips! I definitely second the separate e-mail! It makes it much much easier! :) And I love your blog design!
Erin said…
Great tip with the blog-specific email. I have it forward to my regular account, but Gmail offers some great tools for keeping them separate, so I still only have to deal with one inbox. And I'm loving Google Docs for all kinds of blog purposes!
Great tips! I do have three e-mails, and my gmail is connected to the blogs. That does help.

I'll have to check out those trends. Thanks!

Here's MY BBAW POST and
MY WEBSITE
Marce said…
100% agree on the separate email, I put that also.

Great points
Anonymous said…
Definitely agree with you about having a separate email for your blog. I also recommend creating labels and filters (if you're using gmail). That way your inbox doesn't get bombarded with unimportant stuff. I create labels and filters for stuff I can read later.
@parridhlantern said…
some good advice here, thanks.
Kailana said…
And your blog does look great, so makes sense!

Popular Posts