REVIEW: TEETH Vampire Tales







Anthologies are often a mixed bag but this collection had some really good authors and tales wit some unique twists:

Things to Know about Being Dead by Genevieve Valentine
I really enjoyed this story about Suyin a teen girl who dies in an accident and comes back as an undead or jiang-shi. She goes through her days learning about the changes her new life entails supported only by her grandmother.

I'm really intrigued by Genevieve Valentine. This story excels at what a good short story does: it entertains and encourages you to seek out more of the authors work.

ALL SMILES by Steve Berman

No sparkly Vampires here! A young boy on the run from a juvenile correctional facility takes a ride with the wrong couple. Vicious hijinks ensue. I'm definitely going to look for more works from Steve

Vampire Weather by Garth Nix

Garth is an author I've heard great things about but haven't read. This story has really bumped him to the top of my to buy pile.

Young Amos lives in a tightly controlled Amish type community that is on high alert for Vampire attacks. His one freedom is the daily hike to get the mail. There he meets an attractive young girl who threatens his place in the community and his life.


Gap Year by Christopher Barzak
Great story about a variety of different vampires, even those unaware that they are Vamps! Nice twist and an author I want to read more of

There are also some great tales by Melissa Marr and Holly Black along with a wonderful poem by Neil Gaiman.

This is a great read for teens and adults. I usually prefer a little bit darker tales but I did enjoy these immensley.

Comments

Naj said…
I never read a book with a bunch of short stories in it yet. I think I'll start with this one. Thanks for the Reviews! <3
Karen said…
I have this and I've been reading it on and off for awhile now.
I haven't found any one story that has stood out but they've all been pretty good so far.

Popular Posts