Review: A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin











Fantasy. Epic. Beloved. Heartbreaking and once again, Epic!

Over 15 years ago I read a novella by George. It involved a young girl called Daenerys and her journey to womanhood. At the end of the story there was a blurb with those 3 little words: To be continued .

Over the years I looked for the promised book and then forgot. Last year I watched The Game of Thrones series and recognized the story and so much more.

Game of Thrones is a layered tale of Kings and Kingdoms. We meet the Stark family and the land of winter.

Their lives are touched by the King of the south and a job offer that Eddard cannot turn down, the position of the Kings hand.

One misfortune after another begins to effect the Stark family. This book combines mystery, political intrigue, and thrilling action all set in a medieval setting.

The women in this novel are also very impressive. Many of the characters are trapped in circumstances due to their gender but they are fierce in their  convictions and even more in their deceits.

Don't let the size of this book stand in your way, once you start reading you just cant stop!

Comments

Dazzling Mage said…
Yes, I need to read this really soon! Love your review. Maybe I'll read the novella before that too..
I'm starting the third book in the series and I'm amazed by how much I love it. I owned Game of Thrones for years before finally readings it last year. I'm so mad at myself for all that time I wasted not reading about the starks.
Loved this book! It immediately garnered a place in my top ten best of all time. I'm planning on reading the second book before the next season of the series starts.

Popular Posts