Masquerade Read- a- Long Week 2







Here we are at week two! I really zipped through this weeks reading. It's been kind of killing me trying to figure out Sam's secret and now at last all is revealed :)
I also have had quite a Boba craving since starting this book so I visited one of my favorite places , Boba Loca:

This is a Green Apple Slush with Boba, yummy!
Here are my answers to this weeks questions:
Chapters 8-16




1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
That is quite a mystery. Maybe it was the normalcy of Heven's life. She had friends , a family a sense of belonging that Sam doesn't have in his life. I also feel that he has some deep primal. protective instincts towards her .



2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
I was really bothered by Sam's actions towards the victim at Kimber's party. It was second nature to him to just dump the body. He displayed a level of coldness that is creepy considering how gentle he is towards Heven. I really cant understand how that was an act of protection towards Heven. As far as the dead bodies he comes across from his roommates actions I don't think there is anything he can do to stop them. I am wondering if his kind need to feed on humans or if they are tearing them apart for something else.


3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
There is always some truth in drunken confessions! I think Kimber does have a genuine love for Heven but she is still young. As a teenager I'm sure Kimber has insecurities about a number of things. She also is realizing that her game with Sam opened up the door for Cole to explore his feelings towards Heven. I think the girls will still be friends but Heven will be a little bit more cautious towards Kimber.



4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
I think Heven's accident and disfiguring will always effect her in life. Every time she meets someone new there will be that shocked look or probing questions about her face. However the love and support of those around her will help her build a strong foundation of confidence that will sustain her for life. I definitely think Heven is stronger, when her mother confronts her and calls her evil she doesn't fall apart, she reaches out to people that will support her: Sam and her grandmother.

5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
I do think Heven reacted correctly. She experienced all the shock and denial you would expect as well as doubting Sam's real feelings towards her.
Looking forward to hearing every one's thoughts!



Comments

Candace said…
Yeah, I think that she's definitely going to not have the same level of love and respect for Kimber now. I agree that drunken confessions usually have a ring of truth to them!
Cambria said…
Great answers this week!! I LOVED seeing your Boba drink! I wish we had a place like that where I lived I would love to try it! It looks so delicious!!
I definitely think Heven and Kimber's relationship will be different now since they had that confrontation.
Loved hearing your thoughts!!! See you next week!
Anonymous said…
Interesting point about Sam seeming incredibly callous when he hid the body. I guess he is used to that sort of thing dealing with the things that he seems to be dealing with. Wow!
I had not thought of it myself, but you are right, part of Sam's attraction could quite possibly be related to the fact that he has no family connection of his own.
Sarah Elizabeth said…
It killed me waiting to find out Sam's secret. Have only heard of Hellhounds on supernatural until now! If Sam looks anything like Jensen Ackles I am in!

Popular Posts