WOLF HALL READALONG WEEK 5

 


Nearing the finale of this read and I have to say it's getting a little more intriguing. It's been interesting reading about Cromwell's rise but I cant help wondering how he didn't know what was coming? Or even if he ever had a choice in how things would play out. I do find Anne and Henry's marriage to be a bit anticlimactic. I think I would have enjoyed some chapters solely from these characters points of view.

How are you guys doing? What has been your favorite parts so far?
 
 

Comments

I finally finished part 5 and I'm into Part 6. I have to say I'm really enjoying this. It feels like it's so historically accurate, like non-fiction, but told in story mode. It has been great watching how Cromwell seamlessly maneuvered his way into becoming indispensable to Henry and Anne. Probably not a great place to be after all, as we know from the history books.

Popular Posts