Review: Who’s on First by Abbott & Costello and John Martz

 

 

15796751

 

 

PUBLISHER:

Quirk Books

 

I was really interested to see this book after reading the review pitch. I was a huge fan of Abbott & Costello growing up. From the first time I  saw the duo’s series of movies with popular Universal Monsters like the Mummy and Frankenstein. I can still remember the first time I saw the duo’s famous Who’s on First routine.

I didn't get it.

Well I was 8 years old at the time. Years later however when I watched it again I laughed so hard it hurt! Now Quirk books has found  a unique way to bring this classic story to life for readers of all ages.

 

The Book 

Who’s is packaged in the traditional hardcover children’s book format. The colors are warm and natural and leave the reader complete focused on Abbott Bear and Costello Rabbit :)

After an initial greeting the two friends get down to discussing the particulars of their upcoming baseball season. Poor Costello! His little bunny face goes through a variety of expressions as he tries to answer the eternal question Who’s on First?

 

 

 

A very fun read, this would do well with young readers especially those interested in sports :)

Comments

Popular Posts