Sunday Share 11: Reading, Watching, Walking

 

 

 

halloween-Kai 1 

Happy Sunday! My HallowREADS celebration is in full swing, so I hope you take some time to read some posts.

 

I’m in the midst of finishing the FrightFall Readathon and have a bunch of individual readalongs to catch up on next week:

 

7137327 50398

 

MacTeen books is hosting and Enclave Readalong that start tomorrow and runs through the 18th Tweet Pictures or quotes from the book with the hashtag #ReadEnclave for a chance at some prizes.

 

Unputdownables is hosting the Northanger Abbey readalong and I need to catch up on Macbeth!

 

31 in 31

I saw a post challenging readers to watch thirty one horror movies that are live streaming on Netflix. Though I’m starting really late I’m taking the challenge!

I’m going to start with these:

masters_new_universal_review

Universal Horror movies were my first introduction to the Horror genre. As a child the astounded and chilled me! as an adult watching them fills me with nostalgia and an appreciation for how filmmakers accomplished so much with limited effects and marvelous actors. I watched these two today:

dracula_1931_review  51niyFJTTsL__SY300_

These movies are also 60-80 minutes so I can go through 2 or three a day towards my goal :)

Seeking of nostalgia I saw these at the dollar store and I had to buy a set:

 

These are Mexican Jumping Beans !  You can learn more about them HERE

realbeans

 

I loved these as a kid. The beans jump around when they are heated by the sun or held in the hand. I never really thought why but reading the site I discovered that there are actually moth larvae  in the beans and the rattling is them moving around eating the nourishment in the bean:

larva

That totally freaks me out! Still I'm  going to keep them around for a while before planting them in the dirt to hatch :)

 

This is my fifth day of the #BookBlogWalkers challenge to walk 30 mins for 30 days. I’m hoping to make this a habit for a while to meet my fitness goals.

Book-Blog-Walkers1

 

READING

Total books read so far 285!

Happy Reading Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts