The Strain Read-A-Long : Update 2

 

 

 

the strain read-a-long

 

 

This week I’m starting The Strain with a group at Castle Macabre  Here. I’ve had this on my reader for some time, so I’m looking forward to starting it.

 

 

 

6065215

 

Update 2

So just when I was ready to move from dramatic tension to actual action we get some flashbacks showing the creature from the strain being active during the holocaust. It was great timing for a little chills and plot revelations. The scenes with Eph are revving up too as they begin to gather much needed answers. The tension is wonderful and it’s hard to stop once I get going on the chapters :)

 

Update 1

I’m really enjoying this book so far. There is a definite Mystery vibe in the initial chapters. A plane lands on a major airport hub and then immediately stops all communication with the airport. When the plane is finally examined by the main character Eph, they find the entire crew dead without a mark on them. I’ll confess to wanting to scream “It’s Vampires!!” As the investigative team starts putting the pieces together.

Solid story telling so far. I can’t wait to read more!

I also read volume one of the graphic novel adaption so I know a little about what’s coming and the art is wonderfully gruesome. This volume is available right now on Netgalley so check it out!

15897235

Comments

Glad you're joining me for the read-a-long, Kai! I'm really liking it so far. Creepy good!

Popular Posts