A Fangirl’s Tips For Bout of Books

 

 

 

 

 

Fiction State of Mind-04-01

 

BoB11-200x200

 

Bout of Books 11 Begins today! I love readathons and this is one of my favorites! I’ve been a part of every BOB . It’s been wonderful to watch the participants grow from even to event. Here is the general info for this weeks event:

 

The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.

  • Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
  • It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
  • How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
  • Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
  • Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.

 

So here are some tips to make your  Bout of Books the best it can be:

1) Relax

I know that excited feeling before a readathon when you are focused on all you want to accomplish. However as the founder Amanda points out every session, There is No failure! Any reading done is a win! So be gentle with yourself.

 

2) Variety Is The Spice Of Reading

I always pull out a stack of potential reads for the event. It helps to have them all in one area. I also make a list in my nook with potential reads. All the books I pick are under 300 pages. I also add a mixture of Arc’s, Graphic Novels, Manga and even a few non-fiction reads.

 

3) Take Time to Socialize

Like many , I started my blog to share my love of books with others. Since I don’t have a lot of friends who read as much as I do, so  the Bout of Books hashtag and twitter chats are fun ways to meet fellow bloggers and also add more books to your TBR pile. I visit a few blogs everyday during the event and I follow the #boutofbooks feeds on twitter and Facebook.

 

I’m looking forward to seeing  what all of you guys are reading! Happy Bout of Books Week!

Comments

Amber Elise said…
I like that this is low stress. I've avoided a lot of read-a-thons because I knew that I couldn't dedicate the time and effort to read X amount of books.

If it's still open, I think I'll join in!

Amber Elise @ Du Livre

Popular Posts