HallowReads: Thrill Me Again: My Favorite Horror Re-Reads





halloween-Kai 2

There are certain musts for me during the Halloween season and reading spooky themed books are on the top of my list!
There are several books I return to year after year :

463423

For literary chills all roads eventually lead back to Poe for me. Be it a reread of The Raven or the stories The Tell Tale Heart or The Black Cat. Poe’s literary prowess is timeless and I always find some new nuances in the stories and poetry.

273607  106069
The first volume of Marvel zombies is pure perfection. Filled with humor and gory goodness I reread this book a lot. The Long Halloween is a classic tale of Batman’s that spans a year in the Bat’s life as each holiday is welcomed with a new crime from Bat’s rogues or a murder. This book is always a joy to reread.

108064

The Books of Blood are the first literary works of my favorite author Clive Barker. From ghost stories to grotesque creatures Clive covers every possible form of fear in these stories.

761381 2213661

Two masters share tales of brave young children coming of age in dark situations. Both are classics I look forward to reading over and over again.



6468718 7171748

What’s a Halloween without Zombies? The short stories in Zombies vs Unicorns are some of the best in any anthology I've ever read. I love Carrie Ryan’s novels and short stories so I enjoy reading them again.

What about you guys? any reads you return to during the Halloween season?

Comments

Popular Posts