Literary Quote Challenge
From the Phantom Tollbooth:
“The Doldrums my young friend, are where nothing ever happens and nothing ever changes”
Describe Your Book In Pictures Challenge
When I read Sherlock Holmes I always picture Basil Rathbone because my first experience with the character was a Saturday Matinee Movie on TV.
There is a lot of tea drinking in this book (off course) I love the descriptions of afternoon tea and sweets!
Book Coupling Challenge
The goal of this challenge is to pair two characters from different books together in a relationship. I picked these two:
Emily and Cursed Pirate Girl would be the best of friends. They both are strong young women who don’t care what others think of them. Emily would also love to time travel back to CPG time and would have a cutlass in her hands in moments. They both also have a penchant for skulls!
Top Ten Recommendations
The Challenge is to list 10 books you would suggest if you worked at a bookstore or library.
- Why did you choose these books? They are all on my shelf right now and I love them
- What would you say about each of these books when recommending them to a customer or library patron? They are amazing authors at the top of there game in these books.
- What would be close favourites for book recommendations that didn’t make it onto your list? Harry Potter, The Golden Compass, Vicious by V.E.Schawb
- Is there anything else that you’d like to mention about the books you’ve chosen to include on this list? Read Them!
3)Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
4) Horns by Joe Hill
5) Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
6) The Stand by Stephen King
7)The Graveyard Book Neil Gaiman
8) Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
9) Books of Blood Clive Barker
10)A game of Thrones George R.R. Martin