Take Control of Your TBR Review: The Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl

 

f4812b16-1ac4-4cb6-a3d5-c1eca0f02e07_zps91b8027a 

 

 

 

dahl

 

Goodreads Link

 

One of my goals this year is to read some classic authors. I haven’t read any of Dahl books before, So when I found this book at a used bookstore I thought it was a good place to start. Despite being a very short read the book makes it clear to me why Dahl has such a following.  The story centers around a Crocodile that decides he wants to eat some children. As he walks towards the village he brags about his awesome plans to an elephant, A monkey and others.

To the Crocodile’s credit he has some great plans but thanks to the warnings from other animals the children are safe and the crocodile gets his just desserts ! Really great illustrations accompany this story and I especially liked seeing the children in the story were racially diverse. This was a nice dip into the Dahl reading pool. I’m looking forward to reading more.

Comments

Popular Posts