Take Control of Your TBR Pile Review: The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher



f4812b16-1ac4-4cb6-a3d5-c1eca0f02e07_zps91b8027a


18283019sw

I’ve been meaning to read this book for awhile. I was fortunate to get the first two books in the series for review, but once I heard a deluxe box set was coming I waited to purchase it. Like the two books before it this novel is a retelling of Return of the Jedi in the vernacular of Shakespeare.
The book faithfully narrates the events of ROTJ but adds special touches like lyrics for the songs being sung in Jabba’s palace , a sorrowful lament by the owner of the Rancor and offstage narrations by the ever silent R2D2. I also liked the added speeches from Vader , The Emperor and Luke. There are also some great illustrations through out the book. Here are some illustrations of the box set:

thsw 

th5
A must read for Star Wars Fans.

Comments

Popular Posts