Spotlight On: Ready Player One

 

 

 

9969571

 

I decided to not do a traditional review for this book. RPOne  has had tremendous press and is universally loved so all I could add to that was : YEP!! It’s all true! I devoured this book in one day. It was impossible to put it down and I was so drawn to the characters I became deathly afraid for them when things got rough. This book also has an amazingly satisfying ending.

 

Other Things I loved

The Diversity. Not just in the race of the various characters but also for their status in life and personalities. The main female lead in this book is judged by her talent for the game and not her sex.

 

 

The Language. I often have some problems with the language in YA books when you have a group of boys together. I find some writers use a lot of derogatory language and profanity because “that’s how boys talk”. Cline avoids that spectacularly. Since it’s set in the future Cline has created some words to express trash talking and such but other than that the book is wonderfully free of excessive foul language.

 

Full Circle Journey’s

All of the main characters in this book have issues that they try to escape from in the virtual world of Oasis, yet by the books end all the characters have faced their biggest fears and overcome them because of their friendship with each other.

 

Five Stars all around! If you haven’t read this book yet bump it to the top of your TBR pile.

Comments

Popular Posts