Sci-Fi Month Review : Parasite by Mira Grant








I've been a fan of Mira's since I read her Zombie series The News Flesh Trilogy. In this novel Mira takes a look at cutting edge science and technology.

Our guide through this world is Sally Mitchell. Sally is lying in a coma after a car accident when we first meet her.

Through and experimental surgery provided by SymboGen. Because of this Sally wakes up, but she must relearn every aspect of her life without accessing her memories which are blank to her.

So Sally's life is dominated by therapy and tests and observation about how she is settling into her new life.

This book is a slow burn. I'll confess that it took me a really long time to connect with Sally. She is almost robotic in nature but I liked her sarcasm. Things get really interesting however when other SymboGen implantees start acting strangely.

Sally begins a quest to learn more and discovers shocking things about her implant and SymboGen.

The events in this book are really intriguing and very plausible. Grant does a tremendous amount of research in her writing and I often come away from her books smarter then when I began them.

The events leading up to the end of this book are really escalated and leave you wanting book two right away. Thankfully Symbiont is on sale now!

Comments

Popular Posts