5 Fandom Friday : Five Ways I Changed In 2015


Learn more about this event and the weekly topics at The Nerdy Girlie



I've been remiss in posting in this wonderful weekly memo but no more! This weeks topic is 5 Ways I Changed in 2015:

                                      I said NO more

We truly teach people how to treat us. I had noticed that I was feeling really burnt out in certain work situations and personal relationships. 

However in both instances I had created a habit of overextending myself so I pulled back. It didn't feel great and It changed the boundaries in a lot of my relationships but I feel so much better! I no longer feel resentful towards key people and situations in my life.


I Embraced the words Not Now when it came to spending.

It's really easy to outspend your budget as a fangirl today. With the new Star Wars film coming in December I knew I needed to take a hard look at what I wanted to collect, and where my dollars were going.

Buy saying not now when I first encountered that exclusive funko pop, her universe shirt or new book, I was able to limit my impulse spending and save for the items I truly wanted like my loungefly Bb-8 purse!

I also got in the habit of using the library more and reaching out to my review contacts and netgalley for the latest book releases which meant that I spent less on books this year than any other.

                          There is LESS of me to Love!

I exercised a lot more and started using a calorie counter app and I dropped several inches and twenty pounds!

                                 I watched Less TV

I read over 300 books last year. Lots of them were graphic novels and childrens books but a lot of them were several hundred pages long! I equate a lot of it to limiting the hours I watched TV during the week and instead scheduling binge watching sessions and giving up on shows that I didn't love right away.



                            I Started Meditating

The Stop Breathe & Think app has been a great help to me through some difficult times this year. I'm constantly amazed at how meditation helps me with anxiety and fear. It's also a great way to schedule "me" time.

Happy Friday! I'm looking forward to everyones posts.

Comments

Popular Posts