Pathways To The Force: Shatterpoint, Rebels & Kanan The Last Padawan



In Pathways To The Force I will explore how novels, comics, animation and other genres tie into the Star Wars mythos.




Star Wars : Rebels has been such a wonderful experience. Kanan Jarrus, seemingly the last of the Jedi has ties with a character from the Prequel era Depa Billaba:




Depa also was a character in a Mace Windu adventure:


In this novel Depa is captured and broken emotionally.  When Mace comes for her she is compromised :

"I know you will come for me, Mace. You should never have sent me here. And I should never have come. But what's done can never be undone. I know you think I've gone mad. I haven't. What's happened to me is worse. I've gone sane. And nothing is more dangerous than a Jedi who is finally sane."―Depa Billaba to Mace Windu



In Kanan the last Padawan volume one we learn of Depa's final fate and her relationship wit Kanan. In the second story arc in the comic we learn about Depa's life after the Shatterpoint novel and the early years of their relationship.



I love how these three genres Animation, Novel & Comic form a solid reading experience.

Comments

Popular Posts