LBCC16 Creators Spotlight


LBCC16: Creators Spotlight



I’m a very spoiled Fangirl . Living in sunny Southern California means not only am I a two hour ride from San Diego Comic Con, but also several other great cons like LBCC.

Long Beach Comic Con has the feel of a small town convention with spectacular guests from all areas of fandom.

At my first LBCC not only did I relive my love of the Gargoyle’s animated series at a reunion panel, I also got to have a long conversation with  voice actor James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Clone Wars. Last year I fangirled hard in the presence of X-men scribe Chris Claremont. My thank you to him for writing such wonderful female character, lead to a indepth conversation where he shared with me the long list of influential women he was blessed to have in his life.

So I’m super excited for this years con in a few days where I will be covering the event for Black Girl Nerds.

LBCC continues to provide programing in the fields of Animation, Videogames, Voice Acting, Comics and television.

They also have made some innovative additions to their convention with their Cosplay Corner space dedicated solely to cosplayers, and  the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity. Here are some of the creators that I will be seeing at the show:













Look for my coverage on social Twitter @yogikai and at the hashtags #LBCC #BGNLBCC                  

Comments

Popular Posts