Page To Screen : The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann





The Nutcracker has been a part of my heart and my Holiday celebrations for many years. It all started with the ballet. I stumbled upon it one Christmas season and was enthralled. 

I have seen the Nutcracker many times on stage and many video versions. So when I saw the announcement that Disney was doing a Nutcracker film I was ecstatic! It also inspired me to read the source material once again.  I own both versions of the story, and my favorite is the illustrated version the best. There is something about holding an oversized hardcover that makes you slow down and enjoy.

I love the Dover edition because you also get to read another story by Hoffmann: The Golden Pot.

I'm so excited for the Disney film! I love the diverse cast and I'm excited for new Nutcracker Merchandise.

Comments

Popular Posts