NANOWRIMO UPDATE 2: NANO RX

 


                        Hello everyone, I'm moving through my Nano adventure, at a pretty fair pace my current word count is 22,078 I'm hoping to do a great push today and tonight and hit 30,000 which would put me back on track.


I've been checking in with lots of twitter Nano's and I've heard a lot of people complaining about neck, back and arm tightness. I'm a Massage Therapist so I  wanted to give you guys some tips! If you have any health problems or doctor directions that contraindicate these stretches DON'T attempt 

   TIP 1: SLEEP IN

            A lot of us are doing late nights during Nano. It's important to get a good nights sleep , so take a nap or sleep in one weekend.
                                                    


TIP 2: Back Care




  Set your cell phone to send an alarm every few hours. Get up and stretch here are some good ones:
                DEAD HANG: stand with your feet hip width apart pointing forward. Take a deep bend in your knees. place both hands on your thighs, slowly walk both hands down as far as they can go. Slowly straighten your knees as much as you can and just hang. This is great for releasing  back tension. While hanging gently shake your head side to side like your saying no and up and down like your saying yes.


        Knee To Chest: lay on your back, knees bent and feet firmly on the floor. Slowly bring one knee to your chest. Place both hands below your knees and gently pull your knee towards your chest. Repeat with the second leg and then bring both knees together at the same time.



             Also consider getting a massage or dropping into a gentle yoga class







                          Happy Nanowrimo Everyone!






Comments

vvb32 reads said…
great tips! especially doing the yoga boogie ;-D
Keri Stevens said…
Where were you when I was writing STONE KISSED in 2008? It was my NaNo project that year (and I remember back strain, carpal tunnel symptoms--the works!)

Best of luck to you this month, and thanks for the tips.

Popular Posts