Preview: Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children GN by Riggs & Jean

 

Fiction State of Mind-04-01

I’m such a Yen Press Fangirl! I’m loving their adaption of Gail Carriger’s Soulless (see the sexy Alexia and Madame Lefoux from a recent cover on the right). Yen is also doing an adaption of the Clockwork Angel series as well (On The Left)

 

YP_07_2013_002 YenPressJune2013Cover

I’m also enjoying the action manga Btoom!which is on its second issue in both digital and book format. This picture also shows some of the cool magnets Yen Press was giving out at Comic-Con. I picked up two!

BTOOMmagnets1

 

 

Today however I want to tell you about an upcoming Graphic Novel from Yen based on Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, releasing October 13, 2013. I picked up a sampler chapter of the book at Sand Diego Comic –Con and I’m really excited to get a copy of this adaption!

YenPlus_13_03_Small

 

THE ART

The book is in Black and White and it’s a wonderful match for Cassandra Jean’s art. I first discovered Cassandra through this book:

BeautifulCreaturesCover

Ah! Cassandra’s art is amazing! She is able to capture so much emotion in each panel. Ransom Riggs really succeeds at adapting the story to the Graphic Novel format. It was wonderful seeing the characters fully realized on each page. I also enjoyed how true Cassandra was to the photographs that are the foundation of the novel. It’s a wonderful bridge that connects the book to the comic.

The Story

The premise of the story is quickly set up and Jacob has followed the clues his grandfather has left him and has arrived at the mysterious island of Cairnholm. Even knowing the outcome of the story this sampler left me wanting more :) Be sure to look for this book in October.

Comments

Popular Posts