Review: Edgar and The Tree House Of Usher



Publisher:


Poe came into my life at a very young age. There was a poetry reading contest at school and my mother suggested  I pick Annabel Lee. I can still remember going to the school library and dutifully coping the poem into my notebook. I still remember that poem and how it lingers with me is the essence of Poe's legacy. 

So when I received the review opportunity for this book I was really intrigued to discover how Adams & Stucki would adapt some of the elements from The House of  Usher into a kid friendly read. I'm quite a fan of what they have accomplished.



This lovely little book works on two levels. One its a cute little tale about two boys and their friendship with a girl. And second features some characters from The House of Usher in a very different light. Edgar the Raven is enjoying his friend Roderick's tree house. Roderick has a strict no girls policy which doesn't sit well with Edgar's sister Lenore.

Will the boys welcome  Lenore (and her cookies) or will they lose their house due to pride and selfishness?

I adore the art in this volume. I would buy everything if this series ever leads to marketing opportunities! Edgar is adorable! This book is wonderful to read to little ones with the Poe references being nice Easter Eggs for adult fans. I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

Comments

Popular Posts