HallowReads Review: Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey


This book wins the oldest free book on my E-reader This book wins the oldest free book on my E-reader award. I'm so glad I finally got to it. Its incredible! Paranormal fiction has really expanded as a genre but because of that I feel its been diluted. There is a rawness to Sandman Slim that wakes the reader up and fills them with the dread that is James Stark's reality. Stark arrives back in Los Angeles aflame (literally!), with anger and vengeance in what's left of his heart.

He wants to kill those responsible for sending him to hell and destroying all he loved.
Stark has a few magical items to achieve his quest but he is unaware of the far reaching consequences his actions will have on the world. Until Angels & Demons keep trying to kill him as a deterrent to his mission.
I loved this book! There was so much action it was hard to put down.I was very invested in Stark despite his selfish reckless nature. His pain radiates with the reader & we follow him hoping for the best in a narrative world that gets worse with every chapter. I'm so looking forward to the next book in this series.


Th


Comments

Popular Posts