Star Wars Memories 2: Collecting A Galaxy



Like many boys and girls of my generation, bringing the experience of a movie home was a new experience. Before Star Wars my interests were Barbies, Disney related toys and Games.

The obsession for Star Wars were sated by my daily play times.

Thankfully my parents had no problem switching Barbies for Kenner action figures. Some of my favorite collectibles were the large size action figures:



The Vehicles:


And this model kit:

This kit has a special place in my heart. I have never been a crafty person.But I was determined to put this kit together. It had hundreds of pieces and the strongest of glues, which took many a layer of skin off my fingers!

But it was the Falcon, I had to do it! I can still remember a frustrating day of building when my Father came up to me and asked if I needed help. 

I said "No, I can do it". he smiled and ruffled my hair and smiled. He was proud of me. And I was proud of myself when I finished it days later. Yes the ramp was crooked and it tilted a bit to the left but It was mine, and I loved it. 

I enjoyed my collection immensely. Seeing what those toys are now worth today doesn't inspire any regret in me. My toys were well and truly loved and gave memories that I wouldn't part with for any cost.

However as I reached my teens my collecting fell off a bit until this great collection came around:

The Power of The Force line restarted my collecting life. I still have a few boxes of them.



Now on the cusp of  The Force Awakens it's time to enter the collecting world once again!

Comments

Popular Posts