Fangirl Summer Binge: Agatha Rasin






A few months ago I finished my last novel in the Agatha Raisin series by M.C. Beaton. I have been waiting to see if more volumes are on their way when I heard about a TV adaption. Of course it was on British television and so The wait continued for more Agatha. Then I discovered the whole first season of the show was available on my LAPL App HOOPLA.  The first season has 8 episodes and I watched them in two days!
Agatha is a retired public relations executive who is living her fantasy of living in a nice village she visited as a child. However she isn't making friends like she expected so he decides to cheat in a local baking contest for accolades.
She loses and then her leftover entry leads to the death of a local. Well Agatha isn;t going to take the title of murdered on herself, she decides to find the murdered. 
Each episode adapts a novel from the series and does a good job at it. I do find the TV version of Agatha is less acerbic than the novl version but equally funny.
I'm hoping season 2 comes quickly to the app.

Comments

Popular Posts