Three Days With DC Universe Beta


So DC Universe basically had me at Young Justice. Once it was announced that the third season of Young Justice  would only be on the DC Universe streaming platform, I knew I would pay for it. At San Diego Comic-Con I visited the DC Universe offsite and signed up for the 15 month special deal. Three days ago I got a link to check out the service as a Beta Test and here is how it went:

First up the video portion of the Beta would not work on my IPhone. Not a good start. I could read a comic but the formatiing was really difficult. I did however get the link to work on my Kindle Fire . 

I started my exploration with the video portion of the site. I watched one of my favorite DC Animated films :


Then I watched this film from 2016:


Then I thrilled at the thought of having all of Reeve's  Superman films in one place:


Went down memory lane with the Superfriends:


The site has Both versions of the show from '73 and '78

The Comics offered cover various eras of DC's history. Lots of DC Rebirth books are available, along with comics from the 1940's and fan favorite runs like Fury of Firestorm, and Chuck Dixon's run on Birds of Prey. It will be interesting to see how they rotate the comics in the coming year.



There are also several seasons of the orginal Wonder Woman tv show along with the previos incarnation of The Flash.  The service looks really promising so far though I'm hoping for a smoother xperience using the app then I have had in the Beta version. The app also needs a way to remove vidoe content you have finished watching.
Loking forward to the completed platform!

Comments

Popular Posts