Review: Star Wars Target Vader Issue 1


Star Wars: Target Vader

Creators:
Robbie Thompson, Marc Laming, Cris Bolson, Neeraj Menon & Various

I'm a Rebel girl, but i have a soft spot for the grey bad boys. The smugglers and bounty hunters even a defecting stormtrooper. 

Beilert Valance is a legends character whose stories I really enjoyed in the Legends comics. Now Valence is joining the canon universe in a six issue miniseries and her is gunning for Vader.

This story starts on Coruscant and seems to be set between A new Hope and Empire. Vader is on the trail of a group called The Hidden Hand , a criminal gang that was tolerated by the Emperor before they began selling weapons to the Rebels. 

A member of the Hand approaches Valence with a case full of credits and a job: take out Vader. Valance is more than happy to take the job.

I really loved the artistic team on this book. They are able to update the 70's aesthetic of  Valance's look from the past. I'm so excited to see this epic showdown. I'm not sure how things will turn out for Valance but I'm excited to find out!


Comments

Popular Posts