Star Wars Comic A Day: Day 3: The Rise of Kylo Ren



Star Wars: The Rise Of Kylo Ren (2019-) #1 (of 4)

Creators: Soule, Sliney, GURU-eFX

Kylo Ren is NOT my Guy. Despite that I've been curious about what turned him dark. It's a tricky thing because new canon has not given us many reasons other  then being cultivated and abused by Snoke ( I know, I know for many that's enough).

I'm such a fan of Charles Soule and so my expectations were high for this issue and they were mostly met. The art is stunning. It really immerses the reader into the scenes the story unfolds. My one complaint this issue is I still don't have clarity about what went down at the Jedi Temple.
Three Jedi students come upon the temple in flames with Ben standing in front of it. They comment that they sense "nothing" and ask Ben what happened.
Ben's response is "Luke tried to kill me and now he's dead". Okay but what about the other students???

Of course the other padawans don't believe Ben and their is conflict on land and in space before the book ends with Ben going to Snoke . Does Snoke continue his "abuse" of Ben? Nope! They have a creepy hug and then Ben decides he is going to seek out the Knights of Ren. To be clear I don't discount the fact that subtle manipulation is always in play on Snoke's behalf but I'm still really not seeing Ben Solo being forced into dark choices. I hope further issues clear things up!  

Comments

Popular Posts