A Fortnight of Finn & Rey: Day 1: The Promise Of Rey





Before I knew her name I loved her. Soon after the announcement of the sale of Star Wars to Disney I learned a secret. A client of mine who knew how much I loved Star Wars told me some information he had learned from his wife. The next trilogy was going to have a female lead.

Those words fluttered in my heart. Reminding me of my days of running around the house with a knock off lightsaber my Mother had bought me. I can't claim that I thought immediately Rey would be a Jedi. And I didn't care. The promise of Rey was  the opportunity to see the galaxy through her eyes with a set of new companions and adventures.
Now that Rey's story is complete, It's hard for me personally to feel that the promise in my heart was completely fulfilled by the final film in the saga. 
But that is the nature of having expectations. They often can't be met. However there is much to celebrate with Rey. She faced her journey with an open heart and fierce determination. She overcame disappointing mentors. Risked her life to see if her presence could be a catalyst to change a dark heart and she said no to what she did not want. 
Through it all she had a friendship forged at the very beginning of her journey that sustained her to the end. A friend that stood by her side even when they were apart. I love so much about Finn alone and as a companion to Rey's journey. 
The on and off screen chemistry of  John and Daisy has been the highlight of a trilogy I have really struggled with.
For the next two weeks I will be celebrating the pair. What I love about them, what I struggled with throughout the trilogy, and my wishes for the future.
I also will share some of my favorite FinnRey artists with you through this two week journey, Starting with this one:
Artist Credit : Persehpone
                   

Comments

Popular Posts